Avanti Pizza Stone With Rack 33cm
Enjoy the delicious flavour and perfect texture of brick-oven pizza, right from your home oven with the Avanti® Pizza Baking Stone with Rack. Made from natural kiln fired clay, the sturdy smooth ceramic disc absorbs excess moisture and distributes heat evenly so there are no hot spots, producing light crispy crusts just like an authentic brick pizza oven. Versatile, use it to also bake crusty bread, crunchy cookies, crispy tortilla and delicious croissants. It features a convenient carrying rack that allows you to bring the stone to the table, so serving is easy. Suitable for both conventional indoor and outdoor ovens, the Baking Stone is excellent for re-heating pre-baked items such as frozen pizzas, pasties and pies.
- Generous 33cm diameter
- Made from natural kiln fired clay
- Distributes heat evenly
- Absorbs moisture
- Gas & charcoal BBQ, conventional and outdoor oven safe
- Carrying rack
- Easy to clean
Use & Care
- Place stone in middle of oven on the lowest rack and pre-heat at 260°C for 20 minutes
- Whilst stone is heating, prepare pizza.
- When heated and time to bake, pull out oven rack with the pizza stone. Dust stone surface with cornmeal or semolina flour to prevent pizza from sticking. Alternatively baking paper can be used.
- A flat metal spatula or a pizza peel dusted with cornmeal works well for transferring food to the heated baking stone.
- Bake pizza at 200°C for 20-30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. (Time and oven temperature will vary due to oven and amount of toppings used.)
- To clean, scrap off baked-on food residue with a dry cloth or spatula. Once cool, run under hot water while lightly scrubbing the cooking surface with a brush and rinse. Do not use detergent as it will absorb into the stone’s porous surface and can impart a soapy after taste to food when next used. Air-dry the stone. DO NOT place in a dishwasher. Allow Baking Stone to dry completely before using again.
- Avoid extremes of temperature (thermal shock) which may crack the ceramic disc. Never put a hot stone into cold water or in the refrigerator. Never place over an open flame. Note: The stone will darken and spot with use. This is normal and will not affect its performance.
Style number: 12290